Pages

Tuesday 1 July 2014

My Self – Tanning Routine (Pre – Post Tanning Body Care)

Hello Everyone,


So as is it the season for tanning I thought I would share with you how I prepare my body for self-tanning and how I take care of the tan once it has been applied.


Days leading up to the tanning application

Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate –

It is very important to have smooth skin when applying self - tanner. This means removing all dead skin. I usually exfoliate at least once a week anyway but I make sure to use a tougher one like a sea salt scrub when I know I’m self-tanning. The one I have been currently using is the Avon, Planet Spa South Pacific Sea Salt Body Polisher. It’s very gritty and perfect for leaving you with smooth soft skin. The only thing i find with this product is that it will leave an oily residue so it should not be used right before tan application as it will create a barrier.







Deep Condition/Moisturise the skin –
Tanning can be quite dehydrating for your skin so when preparing for self-tan application I always apply either a rich body butter or moisturiser. I have been using either Macadamia Oil Extract Body Butter or a combo of Vaseline Spray & Go – Cocoa Radiant and Garnier Ultimate Beauty Oil (I Have a review coming up of this). First I apply the Vaseline Body Moisturiser and when that is completely dry I apply the Garnier Beauty Oil. 
















Remember these steps are most important the night before tanning application. Also any shaving or waxing should be done the night before as well.  




Day of Tan Application
I usually apply the tan during the day, leaving it to develop over the course of the day and showering off before going out that night or going to bed.

In the morning I will shower and exfoliate only using shower gel and a body brush or exfoliating gloves. This means there will be no oil residue from exfoliating products to cause a barrier for the tan. 





I don’t always apply a moisturiser afterwards but if I do it will be an oil free one. This depends on time constraints. The one I have been using has been the Cocoa Brown Chocolate Whip (I will also be post a review of this product soon too) I then apply a regular moisturiser to the tough areas of my body – elbow, ankles, knees, knuckles.  





I make sure all this has set in before I apply my Tan.

After I Tan I make sure not to shower or moisturise or do anything which will cause me to sweat until the tan has fully developed. After the tan has developed I will rinse off the excess in the shower and not apply anymore lotions or potions.


The next day
Shower lightly. This means no loofahs, body brushes, exfoliating gloves, nothing rough or abrasive. Lightly exfoliate with a soft exfoliator on areas where the tan has gathered if needed – knees, elbows, ankles, knuckles. The one I have been using is the Avon Be Bronze Self Tan Corrector Scrub.




Apply Oil Free Moisturiser to keep the tan from drying out your skin.

*Repeat this process over the course of the tan for even fading and smooth appearance.


Do you have any tips or hints for me? Im always striving for the perfect self-tan.

Let me know if you have tried any of the products I have mentioned and let me Know what you thought of them.


Thank you for reading
xox







No comments:

Post a Comment