Pages

Monday 21 July 2014

Current Top 5 Drugstore/Highstreet Foundations







Hello Everyone,

I recorded a video which which is now up on my channel on YouTube. It’s about all my favorite drugstore foundations at the moment but during filming I realised with the lighting I had I couldn't show swatches so you guys couldn't accurately see the colours of them. Anyway I decided I would put up this post so that anyone who watched the video could venture over here to get a more in-depth review.



Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin Foundation (avg - €14)
This foundation is one I like to use when I’m tanning as it is much too dark for my natural skin tone. I’m very fair naturally.  I have it in the colour nude. I use this when I’m daily tanning (light natural tan). I would say its medium to full coverage. I don’t think you would really need concealer with this foundation. It’s very blendable. Its yellow under toned which I find helps to counteract the bit of redness I’ve got going on in the cheek area.  It contains SPF 20 but I have yet to notice any white-casting or flashback in photos. It claims instant even skin tone which I do agree with and better skin in 3 weeks. Now I can’t say I’ve noticed any significant changes in my skin but then again I don’t wear this on a daily basis. Please leave a comment below if you have notice any improvements in your skin since using this foundation. This foundation has good lasting power and will me all day long without needing any touch-ups. I have a dry skin type though so I don’t know if it would the same skin type for the oilier skin type.   



This is the foundation I am wearing in the photo & my video



  

Loreal Paris Infallible 24hr Stay Fresh Foundation (avg - €15)
This is another foundation I use when I’m daily tanning as it is slightly too dark for my natural skin tone (most foundations are). I have this foundation in the colour 120 vanilla. I would put this in the category of medium coverage foundation. I definitely still need concealer with this foundation for dark under eye circles and breakouts. This foundation doesn’t seem to contain SPF so if wearing during the day you may need to apply your SPF before this foundation. This foundation has good lasting power but it will not last you as long as the Super Stay.    









Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
This is a foundation I use on a daily basis (as you can probably tell by how little I have left of it). I find very natural looking. I do believe the name fits this foundation perfectly as do I do believe it makes you look more awake and fresh faced!! I personally have had no issues with the light reflecting pigments in the sunlight (No vampire side effects for me!! #edwardcullen) but I have heard this has been an issue for some girls. It may be because we don’t actually get that much sun in Ireland normally.  Either way this isn’t something ive had to deal with or combat. I Would highly recommend this foundation for normal to dry girls. I realise that this foundation looks quite orange in the swatch but I assure it is not.  









Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
This is a very light foundation in both colour and consistency. It is perfect for me when I am not tanning. It is light to medium coverage. So if you have any dark circles or breakouts then you will definately need to use concealer with this foundation.  I wear this on the days that I want to look more natural (but a bit more flawless).







Loreal True Match
This foundation I don’t have it on hand at the moment but it is my favourite drugstore/highstreet foundation. I just have so many foundations to get through that if I had a bottle on hand there is no way I would be giving the other foundations I have in my collection a fair chance. I do love all these other foundations that I mentioned but hands down the true match foundation is my favourite. Its natural, medium coverage that you can build up and sheer down. Super blendable and flawless. I highly recommend if you haven’t tried it yet then after you finish reading this post run out to your nearest drugstore and pick yourself up a bottle!!! Now!! Go!!





So there you have it all the drugstore foundations in my collection that I love. I might do a post soon to tell you guys about the BB and CC creams that I like.




What are your current favourite drugstore foundations??

Have you tried the Loreal True Match?? What did you think??



If you would like to watch me talk about all these products you can check on my YouTube video by clicking the video below -

  



Thank You for Reading
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment