Pages

Tuesday 1 September 2015

Review || Loreal Paris Infallible 24-Hour Matt Foundation



Hello my Beauties,

Also Hello September! That came around fast didnt it?? I mean in four months the holidays will be upon us once more... crazy!! but I am getting ahead of myself today I am here to give my review of this little product. Enjoy and let me know you thoughts in the comments!!   

A couple of weeks ago I posted my Review for Infallible Mattifying Base ( If you have not already seen it then you can just click on the link here - Review || Loreal Paris Infallible Mattifying Base ) & This week I thought I would talk to you about my thoughts on the accompanying foundation in the range.

I have mixed feelings about this product. I was hesitant to write this review as I don't feel like I have a clear opinion on the product but I have been using it for a few weeks now and I still feel the same so I figured I would just let you know what I thought.

I honestly believe my mixed feelings from this product stems from the fact that I am not the targeted skin type for this foundation. I have normal to dry skin, therefore the heavy duty mattifying properties do not agree with my skin type. The reason I picked it up in the first place is because I love a matt finish foundation and my skin was more normal than dry in the summer months.

My thoughts
I find this foundation even with the use of a primer can really dry out my skin if it is not properly moisturised before hand & even then after a few hours my skin can feel really dry. To be honest this actually means it is a great product for oily girls out there because it means it actually does what it claims to do.

Why do I keep using it you ask??
Well that's the funny thing I love the effect it gives. The finish of it is really nice and I keep getting compliments on it, which was why I was not giving up on it & it does last for hours with out any need of touch up.. well for me anyway & I have found as long as I properly prep my skin then I dont end up with dried up flaky skin it just takes more effort then it usually does to do my skin care routine.

Stats


Type of foundation: Liquid
Texture: Quite light and extremely blendable, Does set quite quickly though.
Aimed for : Oily Skin
Finish: Matt
Coverage: Medium - Full (Buildable)
Oxidation: Yes
Lasting Power: Excellent
Price Range: Drugstore/Highstreet (about 15 Euro)
Would I recommend it? YES              


Overall Thoughts

You get a lot of bang for your buck with this foundation, as with the primer, a little goes a long way. You have to be quick enough with your blending as is tends to set quite quickly, however it is really easy to blend so have not had a problem with this. It will oxidize but it was nothing too crazy on my skin. It will start off as a meduim coverage and build up to a full coverage foundation. 

Would I recommend it??

It is aimed for oily combo skin so for my dry skinned girls out their, like myself, Even though I personally like the foundation and will continue to use it until the tube runs out, I would not recommend this unless you are willing to put a bit more care in the skin care routine before hand, or else you could up a flaky mess. I have no doubt it would be perfect for oilier girls & I find the finish on it fantastic! If you have an oiler skin type then I definately recommend to give this a try!! Dont forget to comment back and let me know how you get on with it!! 


Have you tried it??
What did you think? 
Would you recommend it??



Have you checked out my Lifestyle Blog? Beauty La Linda - Lifestyle
Previous Post! Moving out for the first time!? What do I need to know!?




Thank You For Reading 
xox







No comments:

Post a Comment