Pages

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Beauty La Linda - MUA || Where I spend & Splurge on Beauty!




Hello there my Beauties,


Today I want to talk to you about where I spend & splurge when it comes to beauty. This whole beauty business can get very expensive from skincare to makeup... not to mention treatments, hair care & nails. We are a high maintenance lot when you think about it! However I believe there are many ways to cut costs but still shine. I'm warning you now, this is going to be a long one so go on love, grab yourself a cuppa, sit back, relax & enjoy!  Here are my tips, 

Skincare

Now most people will say this is where they splurge. I would say here I stay in the mid-range price range. I like to find skincare that works well with my skin but doesn't cost a bomb at the same time. I know that in the future I will splurge more on skincare as it is something I adore & I firmly believe that if you take care of your skincare it will benefit you your entire life & it will also mean you can spend less on make up as you will have less to cover up! If you would like to know the skincare products I'm loving at the moment, I talked about it on Blogmas & you can click here if you missed it - Blogmas #2 || Holiday Skin Saviours

I do like to splurge on facials every now & again! It just gives your skin a boost and you feel fresh & renewed after it!! I also use at home masks every week or every second week. again these don't break the bank & they give my skin a little life. I will have a whole post on all my favourite masks coming up very soon!!





Makeup

Who doesn't want to splurge on makeup?? Answer = everyone whos reading this post I'm guessing. Who wants to say no to Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford, Channel or Christian Dior. Nobody who loves makeup or calls themselves makeup junkies wants to turn a blind eye to this lot, but honestly it's not in my budget at this point of my life. I have found that that you can find amazing products on the high street or drugstore. 

All brands have upped their game in recent years & now there is a product available for every need or want you could ever have. Also there are so many dupes now as well and the quality of drugstore products are just as good if not better than their more expensive counterparts. 

This is definitely where I save most of my money due to research of the best drugstore products. I will splurge every now & again but not on a regular basis.






Hair care

Where I save on hair care is through the products I use which are mainly drugstore products & hair dying, most of the time I will do it by myself. I dye my hair my natural colour every six months to a year. I have no roots as it's the same colour as my natural hair but it freshens it up and makes it look more alive. 

Where I splurge on hair care - Any hair cutting I will get done professionally (I have learned the hard way in the past) also any colouring that is not my own colour naturally (I don't trust myself with that either) In the past I have also got treatments done when I destroyed my hair by bleaching it to death. Now its quite healthy I will only use coconut oil & at home treatments which are more bank account friendly. Now the only time I head off to the hairdressers is usually because of an important event (really important or I will do it myself), hair cutting or if I decide to seriously change my look but this hasn't happened for a while.  

Another way I splurge on hair care is by purchasing extensions & hair tools. Mainly my ghd Artic Gold but I also own an Andrew Barton Straightener, Heated rollers, Hair curlers & Hair dryer. To be honest I believe in investing in items like these that will last you years. They usually pay for themselves in the long run.  








I realise in this photo it looks like the extensions are very dark but in real life they are the exact same colour as my hair!





Nails

Here is usually where I save. I generally have good nails, although I have to admit that at the moment they are not in the best condition. However I usually just do my nails myself. I really quite enjoy it to be honest. I find it kind of therapeutic, kind of like colouring except with my nails instead of adult colouring books (although I do enjoy them too) 

When I last cleared out my nail polish collection I found I had almost 200 polishes... I mean who needs that amount of nail polish. I have since cleared them out by nearly half but I do love them! My favourite brands are Maybelline, Essence, Catrice, Wet & Wild, Barry M & the PS... range from Penny's / Primark. 

If you ever need tips and tricks on doing your own nails then I find Youtubers and Bloggers very inspirational! You are bound to find some style or idea you like!

However once a year I will usually get them done professionally. I like to get gel nails. I love how they look & it feels like a real treat. The only thing that puts me off getting them done is the condition my nails are in after they are taken off. I always get them taken off professionally but my nails usually take weeks to recover after having them on.





Tanning

This is another one where I like to save money. I like to do my tan myself. I think most people do now these days as there is such a wide variety on the market now & you no longer have to spend a fortune or aquire the assistance of a professional to get your perfect glow. It is a skill that needs to be learned & practice makes perfect but there are now so many brands, tools & tutorials available now to help with all your tanning needs. My favourite brands at the moment is the Cocoa Brown 1 hour tan & Sally Hansen. In Blogmas this year I talked I gave my full review on these brands. You can check them out here - Blogmas || Winter Glow! .

On the rare occasion I will get it done professionally, like for a wedding or something really important but this is really. Again I prefer to do it myself I think alot of times. I think it's more of a control thing. In case I don't like how it turns out. Even though I know 9 times out 10 it would be perfect... 





Hair Removal

Generally I just shave when it comes to my legs and under arms but I always get bikini waxing done professionally. I think women who shave down there are heros. I can't be dealing with all that faf at all! To be honest if I thought it was viable cost wise I would probably get everything waxed but I would always forget or find it hard to make time for appointments.. it's just alot easier to shave. Unless I'm going on holiday I generally just stick to shaving. 

I would like to look more into laser hair removal as now that it's getting more popular, technology is getting better & no there are at-home tools available it seems like it might be a good idea.  

Things I will always splurge on

Lash Extensions - There is no way I can do this by myself. In between extensions I will use individual falsies. My favourite are PS... Individual Lashes from Pennys / Primark. You check out my full review here - Review || PS... Eyelashes

Massages - Again I can't do this for myself so if I feel like I'm in need of a massage I will have to splurge! 



Selfie I took the last time I got my lash extensions done!! 


Basically If I think I can do it myself I will for everyday purposes. With all the online tutorials there will always be help on hand if you want to get that perfect glow or learn the technique of nail art. I love learning new things when it comes to beauty anyway so I enjoy being able to do most beauty treatments myself but sometimes you just want to treat yourself too & that's ok too! However I honestly believe I wouldn't be able to have my nails, makeup, tan or hair the way I do if I didn't learn how to do it myself as it just wouldn't be possible to get them done professionally all the time. 

I believe what you decide to spend or splurge on is really a personal thing, but I also believe you don't have to spend a million dollars to look or feel a million dollars. 

My Tips

  • If you think you can do it, give it a go... What's the worst that can happen?
  • Do your research when it comes to products. The drugstore offers so many quality products now & offer so many dupes to many top dollar products!
  • Compare & Research before getting treatments done, this way you can be sure you are getting the best treatment for the price, that way you'll get the most bang for your buck!! 
  • If spending on tools, look for good quality that will see you through a couple of years. See them as an investment.
  • If you have a splurgy personality then do it as a reward system or pick certain times of the year to treat yourself, that way you can still have a little luxury in life as well!! It's all about balance & moderation, unless of course you have the bank balance to back it up! #yougogirl


These are all the things that on spend and splurge on! Please let me know in the comments what you like spend and splurge on I would love to know!! I'm always interested to know where people feel the need to invest their money in when it comes to beauty!!


BLOGLOVIN' - Beauty  &  Lifestyle 

No comments:

Post a Comment