Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

Empties!!


Hello Beauties,

I think its about time for an empties post dont you? Now as Im sure as it is with other beauty Blogger & YouTubers I find that it takes me a while to use products up just because of the sheer volume that I own! With or without the blog and YouTube channel Im sure I would still be a make up hoarder but Unfortunately / Fortunately ( depending on how you look at it ) It gives me a reason to keep buying and trying new products that ordinarily I would not be able to justify. I mean who NEEDS over 20 eyeshadow palates or like 80 bottles of nail varnish >This girl thats who, because Im a beauty blogger & Youtuber of course! <



Anyway that was my really long and rambly way of saying Empties Posts and Videos can generally be few and far between. So heres one for you!



Make Up!


Concealers

I have four! yes FOUR! as you can tell theres rarely a day goes by without it. Now I dont have bad skin. I am aware and EXTREMELY grateful for it. My skin is normal to dry and I only really experiance dryness around this time of year. I have slight redness and can get dark circles  if run down and tired but nothing major. However I like to use concealer to A. cover any darkness or redness and B. Highlighting. I love how adding a brightening / highlighting concealer can add dimension to your face and now I cant seem to go a day without applying it! These are the ones I finished ( Im also listing them in the order of preference , Again I am judging them on highlighting more than concealing also consistancy, blendability and all that good stuff) -

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Fair

Catrice Cosmetics Re-Touch Light-Reflecting Concealer - 005 - Light Nude

Essence Stay All Day 16hr Long Lasting Concealer - 10 - Natural Beige

Essence Stay Natural Concealer - 03 - Soft Nude





Foundation

Rimmel Wake Me up Foundation - 100 Ivory

I would definately recommend this foundation. Its light weight, meduim coverage and does exactly what it claims to do which is make you look more awake! If you would like to hear more about it you can just click and read my post on my Top 5 drugstore / highstreet foundations & you can also watch my YouTube video - Link                                                         



Primer

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

Love Love Love This! I recently mentioned this in my November favourites! Also I just realised today when I was going back over old post that it was also a monthly favourite in July. So that will tell you just how much I love this product. I went 3 days without it and I noticed a huge difference in my make up. My foundation didnt blend as easily and went patchy! My skin also dried out quicker! If you have not tried it please do and let me know what you think!! also #top tip - If you think its empty cut it open and you will have about another week if not more left in it! If you would like to read a full review of this product just click here! - Link




Mascara

This is one of my favourite mascaras. It is the Catrice Lashes to Kill Volume Express with Lash Extension Fibres! I would definately recommend this if you are looking for a new mascara to try out!




Eyeliner

I love this eyeliner. I think I have purchased about four of them now. It is the Essence Eyeliner Pen , Waterproof. I have talked about this in my collab video with one of my besties Aoife ( wonderstruck-beauty.blogspot.ie Link I recommend you check out her blog!! ) on whats in our makeup bag?? If you would like to watch it just click here - Link         


         



Skin Care


Facial Wipes

I have 3 packets! 2 of the Pure 3 in 1 Make-up Removal Wipes & 1 Tesco Cleansing Facial Wipes. I must say I do prefer the Pure ones but the Tesco ones will get the job done too. I like to use these as a part of my cleansing routine or when Im in a rush or really tired or lazy but I dont recommend them to use as your only means of cleaning your face!!





Hand Cream


Vaseline Healthy Hands + Stronger Nails Hand Cream. I love this hand cream! It smells great and its non-sticky. It also feels very nourishing on the skin. Both this product and the face wipes were mentioned in my Beauty Hangover Survival Kit Part #1 - Skin Care post. If you would like to check it out just click here - Link




Exfoliater

Cyclax Nature Pure Cocoa Butter & Walnut Exfoliating Scrub. I liked this scrub. It smelled nice but for tan removal I think that this scrub wasnt scrubby #newword enough. It wasnt harsh or gritty enough for effecient tan removal I think is what Im trying to say. Still though nice for an everyday scrub.





Deodrant

Radox fresh aqua 24hr. I have obviously used more than one bottle since my last empties but this is only one I remembered to save I guess. Anyway deodrant is deodrant. It was nice and did the job. I dont really have a preference on deodrant. As long as it does what its supposed to do Im happy.  



Nails


Nail Varnish Remover

Pretty Perfect Nail Varnish Remover Pads. I love these little pots of nail varnish removing pads. They are so handy to keep them in your hand bag in case of emergency haha... Ive tried a couple of different brands now and so far these ones are my favourite. These just get the varnish off so quickly. They do contain acetone though so they are no good for removing varnish if you have painted it on gel or acrylic nails as they will damage them.




Hair Care


Batiste Dry Shampoo Dark and Deep Brown

I have 3 of these in my empties bag and another one currently in use. I have tried a couple of brands of dry shampoo over the years but since Ive started using Batiste I have never looked back. I cant even seem to find one when in the shops that even looks like it might compare. I dont wash my hair everyday for many reasons but the main one is I used to be blonde and that dried out my hair completely and if I washed my hair even more it would make even drier. I also have long colour treated hair and at this time of year it gets very dry from the weather anyway. So by not washing it everyday Im leaving the natural oils in my hair for longer and helping it to be healthier. Batiste is my saviour and its also brown in colour which means I dont have to worry about the greyish white cast that seems to happen with other brands. That might fly when your a blonde but it definately does not when you are a brunette!!




Mark Hill Holiday Hair - Sun, Sea, Frizz-Free - Anti Humidity Spray

This was a god send over the summer months. We experienced really high humidity during the summer and humidity and work = frizz hair. well it did for me anyway. Like I said previously my hair tends to be dry so when humidity gets at it it gets super frizzy and this was the first product of its kind I had seen on the market and it really intrigued me. I featured this product in a monthly favourites video on my channel so if you would like to check it out then just click here - Link   


         



And that about wraps up my empties post.



Have you tried any of these products??
What did you think of them??


If you would like to see my last empties which was done in the form of a video on my YouTube channel then please click here - Link






Thank You For Reading
xox 

No comments:

Post a Comment